How Do You Celebrate?
1. When is your birthday? October 9
2. Do you like to celebrate it or do you prefer to keep it quiet? I love my birthday. I usually try to take the day off and do something special, sometimes alone, sometimes with someone special. As it is usually gorgeous Indian Summer, I typically visit a nice garden or outdoor place where I can just enjoy being a year older and wiser. [cough]
3. Have you ever had a surprise party? No! And I do not want one----ever.
4. What sign are you? Does it represent you well? I am a Libra poster child. Indecisive, flaky, artsy-fartsy in theory, but not in the actual follow-through.
5. Do you tell the truth about your age? Yep, if you have the nerve to ask me, I'll tell ya.
6. Share your best birthday memory. At my age, I'm lucky if I remember last year's. It was very nice---my wonderful SO (hate that....I'm going to start using "novio") and I traveled to a resort town with a Bavarian theme. We drank beer, ate sausage and enjoyed the scenery from a hot tub.
7. Share a few items that could be on your birthday wishlist. A deep tissue massage, a day to myself to do nothing (I guess I could give myself permission to do that anytime), a gift certificate to an art class.
8. What is your favorite kind of cake? Any cake without the word "cheese" in it. I know, I know. But it's the ONE confection I do not like. Gimme a break. I love chocolate cake with vanilla frosting.
9. If you could be anywhere on your next birthday, where would you be? Hey, I'd take an all-expense paid trip to any Mediterranean island---I'm not picky.
10. Do you make a wish when you blow out the candles? Until it's proven folly, I always will.
So...how do YOU celebrate? Does it just happen upon you, or do you plan it? Answer the questions above, then come back and post here!