That's drizzle . . . not drivel--

Simply living... in the Pacific Northwest





Monday, August 19, 2013

Friend Makin' Monday

Quick and dirty today---it's Friend Makin' Monday....don't be shy. Copy and paste your responses below!


1.  What was your favorite subject in school?  English literature.

2. Did you attend elementary school and high school in the same town? Yes. So did my Mom and her mother, too. And my daughters did, too....there the chain broke. They've both moved away.

3.  Are you still friends with anyone that you met during school?  No, although through the miracles of Facebook, I can "see" them occasionally. But for the most part, we've all parted ways.

4. What activities were you involved in as a student? I was editor of the yearbook and I participated in sports (softball, volleyball, basketball). 

5. Did you bring your lunch, or did you get it at school?  I brought a sack lunch. And my Dad was a hunter....imagine my humility when I unfolded the waxed paper surrounding an elk or venison sandwich.

6. Did you enjoy shopping for clothing and school supplies?  Well, this is one to think about---I did the old school way of doing it today. Through a Sears or Wards catalog---much like shopping online is done today!

7. Name a song or a band that reminds you of high school.  Anything by Creedence Clearwater Revival.  Bad Moon Rising, Suzie Q, Run Through the Jungle. 

8. Did you like school?  Yes! Most days. 

9. How long have you been out of school?  High School? 41 yr. College? Nine yr.

10.  What did you like most about school?  What did you dislike most about school? I liked goofing off with my girlfriends and PE class. I hated test-taking, especially the ones where you had to fill in the tiny circles page after page. The Iowa Skills tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment