That's drizzle . . . not drivel--

Simply living... in the Pacific Northwest





Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday again---

They just keep coming. Every week, don't they? Ugh.

I really could have used another day like yesterday. So lovely. Terry and I went for a long drive to the rural northern part of our county. It's been years since we've been up there, especially him. It was his first time back since he lived there during high school in the 70's. Few things have changed. Some better roads, more large mini-mansions here and there. But many of the old landmarks remain. It was comforting and relaxing. We picnicked at a park we used to visit as kids. There were families splashing about in the river and inner-tubing down from upriver. The temps were perfect--not chilly, not hot. A slight breeze. And NO mosquitoes!

Today is FMM time again. You know the drill. If you’re new, please take a moment to answer this week’s question on your own blog then add your link in the comments section here at: NW Drizzle so we can all see your FMM questions and answers. Please invite your blog readers to add their links here too so everyone has to opportunity to be seen. The idea is to connect with other awesome bloggers so take a moment to post your own FMM post and comment on a couple of other posts. Now it’s time for this week’s topic!
My Community
1. Where were you born? Did you grow up there? I was born right here in the city I live in now. I could say I haven't grown up yet, but rather than that cheekiness, I'll say I grew up in a small town--not unlike Mayberry--16 miles north from here, in the 50's & 60's, a simpler time.
2. Tell us about your favorite spot in your city.  Officers Row...it is a street lined with large, old oaks and maples which grow in front of, and shade, a dozen or so houses from early Vancouver. These buildings housed officers from Fort Vancouver during the 1880's.

3. Do you volunteer for any organizations? If so, will you tell us about it? I have many times in the past, but none currently. The most recent volunteer gig was as a gardener at a botanical garden. I was responsible for  my own plot and had total say in what was there, as long as it was native.
4. Tell us about your favorite local restaurant. Tough one. I don't eat out that much, but most any restaurant which is locally owned and has a healthy menu is a favorite.
5. Has your city ever experienced tragedy?  If so, how did it recover? There have been losses of children in the news which are always tragic. Victims of abuse, mental illness or depravity. As we are in the Portland media market, we here in my community all grieve the missing boy known as Kyron Horman, who has been missing for 3 years.  It seems there will be no recovery until we at least can know what happened to him. 
6. Share at least one unique thing about your neighborhood. I love to say, "It's Vancouver (not B.C.), Washington (not D.C.)
7. If you could do one small thing to change your community, what would you do? Actually, I'm pretty happy with how it is....there are always political kerfuffles going on, but I don't like to get into that. There are plenty of coffee shops, so....
8. The Powerball is currently up to 400 million dollars. Would you move to a different place if you won? I would NOT move, except maybe to a better house. And then I would buy a couple smaller homes or cabins for vacations---one mountain, one beach, one desert. 
Your turn.

1 comment:

  1. I liked reading your FMM answers. I actually live about 45 minutes from the town Mayberry is based on. You can check out my FMM answers here: http://peppersays.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete